Subclass 600: Visitor Visa
Sponsored Family Stream
Stay PeriodThe length of visa validity, or whether the visa granted comes with multiple entries or single entry varies on a case-by-case basis.
For visa with multiple entries, the visa holder can leave and re-enter Australia on multiple occassions throughout the visa validity, and the maximum stay period for each entry will usually be specified.
Applicant who is parent/step-parent, usually retired, of a settled Australian citizen or settled Australian permanent resident might be granted a 18-month, 3-year or 5-year Subclass 600 Visitor visa to visit their children or grandchildren in Australia.
Apply from...The applicant must be outside Australia to apply for and to be granted the Subclass 600 Visitor visa in the Sponsored Family stream.
- any person who met the eligibility criteria outlined in "Eligibility Criteria" tab on this page;
- the member of family unit of the applicant, e.g.: spouse/de facto partner and children who are still dependent on the applicant or the spouse/de facto partner of applicant, must make a separate visa application.
Condition 8101 - No workWhile in Australia, the visa holder must not engage in paid work that would take away job opportunity from Australians.
The following activities are not considered work:
- unpaid short-term volunteer work;
- doing remote online work in conjunction with short-term visit in Australia;
- the visa holder is a student at a foreign university and will be undertaking activities such as unpaid internship in Australia that relates to the visa holder's study and will contribute to course credit;
- observing how people work in an industry;
- providing short-term domestic support or caregiving activities for family in Australia such as helping to take care newborn child of a family member.
- the visa holder or immediate family member of the visa holder is likely to become a burden to the Commonwealth, a State, a Territory or a public authority in Australia;
- cannot leave Australia for reasons beyond the control of the visa holder or immediate family member of the visa holder;
- the visa holder has compelling personal reasons to work in Australia.
Condition 8201 - Maximum 3 months studyWhile in Australia, the visa holder must not engage in any studies or training for more than 3 months.
Condition 8503 - No further stayWhile in Australia, the visa holder will not be able to make a valid visa application for any substantive visa other than a protection visa.
Condition 8531 - Must leave before visa expiryVisa holder must not remain in Australia after the end of the period of stay permitted by the visa.
If you would like to arrange your visit and holiday in Australia, please contact our office to discuss the best action plan.