Subclass 408: Temporary Activity Visa
Subclass 408 Temporary Activity visa is a short-term visa which allows sponsored or supported individual to do specific types of work/activity in Australia on a temporary basis.
- Participant invited take part in a community-based event for a cultural or social activity such as a sporting, religious, artistic or academic event, or a conference in Australia
- Sports trainee participating in high-level sports training
- Elite sports player, coach, instructor or adjudicator invited to be a player, a coach, an instructor or an adjudicator in relation to an Australian sporting team or sporting organisation
- Religious worker invited to work or participate in an activity that directly serves the religious objectives of an religious institution legally established in Australia on a full-time basis
- Domestic worker invited to work on a full-time basis in the private household of certain national managing director, deputy national managing director or State or Territory manager of an Australian office of a foreign government agency or foreign organisation that is lawfully operating in Australia
- Superyacht crew member sponsored/supported by the captain, owner or operator of a superyacht in Australia
- Academic at an overseas tertiary or research institution invited to observe or participate in an Australian research project at an Australian tertiary or research institution
- Research student or recent graduate of an overseas educational institution invited to undertake research at an Australian tertiary or research institution that is closely related to field of study
- Overseas employee taking part in a reciprocating staff exchange arrangement with an employee of an organisation operating in Australia
- Participating in a Youth Exchange program, School-to-school Interchange program, School Language Assistants program or any other approved cultural enrichment or community benefits program an Australian school/organisation
- Program/event endorsed by the Australian Government from time-to-time
- Working in the entertainment industry in Australia as a performer, production or support staff in film, television or live productions
Stay PeriodVaries from activity to activity and can be:
- Up to 4 years for an Australian Government Endorsed activity
- Up to 3 months for invited participant in other social and cultural activity
- Up to 2 years for any other activities
Apply from...All applicants may be in or outside Australia, but not in immigration clearance, to apply and to be granted this visa.
To make a valid application for Subclass 408 visa and/or be granted this visa, the following sets of criteria must be met:
If you are ready to commence your life in Australia, contact Ausdirect Migration today at 1800 462 188.