STANDARD BUSINESS SPONSORSHIP FOR THE TSS 482 VISA
When do you need to apply for a standard business sponsorship?
Standard Business Sponsorship (SBS) is an agreement with the Australian government that allows businesses to sponsor overseas citizens to work in highly skilled occupations. The sponsorship, once approved, is issued for 5 years, and allows the businesses to nominate foreign workers for a TSS visa (subclass 482) for either 2 or 4 years depending on the nominated occupation.
Who can apply for standard business sponsorship?
The various types of entities that would generally apply for SBS approval should fall within one of these five groups of ‘persons’. These include:
- sole traders;
- proprietary companies;
- public companies;
- government departments;
- statutory authorities;
- not-for-profit-organisations; and
- educational institutions.
Requirements to be met by business applicants
- the applicant has applied for approval in accordance with the process set out in the Migration Law.
- the applicant is lawfully operating a business
- if the applicant is lawfully operating a business in Australia, the applicant has attested that they have a strong record of, or a demonstrated commitment to, employing local labour, and has declared that they will not engage in discriminatory recruitment practices
- there is no adverse information known to the Department about the applicant or a person associated with the applicant, or it is reasonable to disregard such information
- if the applicant is lawfully operating a business outside Australia and does not lawfully operate a business in Australia, the applicant is seeking to be approved as a standard business sponsor for the purposes of establishing, or assisting in establishing, a business operation in Australia with overseas connections or fulfilling, or assisting in fulfilling, a contractual obligation
Our Business Sponsorship Service
As part of our services, we will assess the eligibility of the application for a standard business sponsorship and provide you with detailed advice on your business’ chances of success. If our services are engaged, we will guide you through the entire process, from collating and gathering the required documents, preparing your application, liaising with the Department of Home Affairs and relevant third parties as necessary and finally, lodging the application. Ausdirect Migration can also assist in the event that the Department requests further information or the circumstances of your business change.
As soon as an outcome is received, you will be notified and reminded of your obligations as a sponsor moving forward.