188E Visa: Business Innovation and Investment Visa – Entrepreneur Stream
188E visa is the Australian immigration program designed to welcome startup and early stage entrepreneurs who have been endorsed to develop their concepts and been nominated by a State or Territory government agency in Australia. The visa is valid up to 5 years. Visa holders can apply for Permanent Visa 888E after 3 years.
Eligibility requirement for 188E Visa
Nomination Requirement for 188E Visa
You must be nominated by a State or Territory government agency before being invited to apply for this visa. The State or Territory government agency that nominates you must not withdraw their nomination after you apply, or we will be unable to grant you a visa.
You must be endorsed by one of the following Government agencies to develop your entrepreneurial concepts:
South Australia is the first state that has opened the 188E application in 2021 – 2022 program year. Please find the latest nomination requirements for South Australian 188E visa here.
Age Requirement for 188E Visa
You will not receive an invitation if you are aged 55 or older, at the time of the invitation to apply for the visa, unless the State or Territory government agency has determined your proposed entrepreneur activity will be of exceptional economic benefit.
Business Requirement for 188E Visa
You must be undertaking, or proposing to undertake, a complying entrepreneur activity in Australia. You must have a genuine intention to continue this activity.
A complying entrepreneur activity must relate to an innovative idea that will lead to:
- the commercialisation of a product or service in Australia, or
- the development of an enterprise or business in Australia
This activity must not relate to any of the following categories:
- residential real estate
- labour hire
- purchase of an existing enterprise or a franchise in Australia
English Requirement for 188E Visa
You must have at least competent English
How to apply for permanent visa after getting 188E Visa?
Eligibility requirement for 888E Visa
Nomination Requirement for 888E Visa
You must have a current nomination from a State or Territory government agency.
When you applied for your provisional visa, you gave us an expression of interest. A state or Territory government agency saw your expression of interest and nominated you.
You do not need to provide a new expression of interest. But, the relevant government agency needs to confirm that your nomination is still current,
Business Requirement for 888E Visa
You must be able to demonstrator success factors of the entrepreneurial activities you have undertaken during the 188E Visa.
You will need to show either:
- 2 key success factors, or
- 1 key success factor and 3 supporting success factors
Key success factors include:
- employing 2 or more Australians, permanent residents or other eligible persons
- generating an annual turnover of at least AUD300, 000
- filing a provisional patent or acquiring a standard or innovation patent
- receiving ongoing funding or investment in your entrepreneur activity
- entering into a partnership with a university
- selling an entrepreneurial venture for AUD2 million
Supporting success factors include:
- adapting your entrepreneurial activities into other business areas
- receiving a statement of success from a state or territory government nominator
- receiving sponsorship from the corporate sector
- starting at least 1 other business or contributing to at least 2 other businesses
- receiving formal awards or recognition
- raising or contributing to social capital
Entrepreneurial activities in Australia can’t be:
- residential real estate
- labour hire
- buying an existing enterprise or a franchise in Australia
When operating your business in Australia, you and your partner must have followed:
- Commonwealth laws
- the laws of the states or territories where your business operated
This includes laws about taxation, superannuation and workplace relations.
Residence Requirement for 888E Visa
You must have been in Australia at least 2 out of 4 years as the holder of a Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) in the Entrepreneur stream if you were invited to apply for this visa
If you are ready to commence your life in Australia, book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today.