272511 SOCIAL WORKER
Social Worker belongs to the occupation unit group of 2725 SOCIAL WORKERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a social worker must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
Assesses the social needs of individuals, families and groups, assists and empowers people to develop and use the skills and resources needed to resolve social and other problems, and furthers human wellbeing and human rights, social justice and social development. Registration or licensing may be required.
Whanau Support Worker (Family Support Worker) (NZ)
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is the designated authority for assessing skills and competencies for social worker in Australia for migration purposes.
Most occupations in this unit group must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- acting as a facilitator between clients in need and community services
- assessing resources for health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment and other community services
- providing leadership and assistance for the implementation of pilot projects in community development and self-help, and planning and implementing research projects to address client needs, organisation goals and social policy
- cooperating with community organisations, social agencies and voluntary groups to improve services and develop new services
- conducting individual and family case interviews to identify the nature and extent of clients’ problems
- assisting clients to understand and resolve problems by providing information, acting as a mediator and referring them to community and self-help agencies
- analysing, developing, promoting and implementing social policies through the use of practice experience, research, analytic frameworks, and negotiation skills to respond to social need through a fair, equitable and effective allocation of social resources
- monitoring the progress of clients by maintaining contact
- compiling case records and reports
272511 Social Worker
Australian Visa Options for 272511 SOCIAL WORKER
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.