Otorhinolaryngologist belongs to the occupation unit group of 2535 SURGEONS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an otorhinolaryngologist must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Performs surgery to correct diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat. Registration or licensing is required.
Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist
Head and Neck Surgeon
Skills Assessment Authority:
Medical Board Ahpra (MedBA) is the designated authority for assessing skills and competencies for international medical graduates (IMG) whose medical qualifications are from a medical school outside of Australia or New Zealand and who are seeking registration to practise medicine in Australia.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- examining patients to determine the necessity of operations, estimating and explaining risks to patients, and selecting the best operational procedures
- reviewing reports on patients’ general physical condition, reactions to medications and medical histories
- consulting with Anaesthetists regarding the correct anaesthesia for patients
- performing surgical operations
- examining instruments, equipment, and surgical set-up to ensure that antiseptic and aseptic methods have been followed
- instructing other medical, nursing and associated staff regarding the preparation of patients and instrument and equipment requirements
- prescribing post-operative care, and observing and investigating patients’ progress
- maintaining records of operations performed
- may specialise in particular types of operations
253511 Surgeon (General)
253512 Cardiothoracic Surgeon
253514 Orthopaedic Surgeon
253516 Paediatric Surgeon
253517 Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
253521 Vascular Surgeon
Australian Visa Options for 253515 OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGIST
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.