252712 SPEECH PATHOLOGIST
Speech Pathologist belongs to the occupation unit group of 2527 AUDIOLOGISTS AND SPEECH PATHOLOGISTS\THERAPISTS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a speech pathologist must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Diagnoses and treats physiological and mechanical disorders of the human locomotor system, particularly neuromuscular skeletal disorders, and provides advice on preventing these disorders. Registration or licensing is required.
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Speech Pathology Australia (SPA) is the designated authority for assessing skills and competencies related to the occupation of speech pathologist for the purpose of migrating to Australia.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
· assessing and diagnosing the extent of client hearing loss using a wide range of techniques, including audiometric tests
· reporting results of assessments and tests in writing and making referrals to medical practitioners
· recommending solutions to those with hearing impairment including amplification, implantable devices, medical interventions and assistive listening devices and providing aural rehabilitation programs
· providing counselling, advice and information to clients and families as a part of overall treatment
· assisting with the development and management of noise control and hearing conservation strategies
· administering standardised and informal tests and observing clients to determine the nature and extent of their communication disorders or swallowing difficulties
· providing treatment and management of speech, language, learning and communication disorders that may be developmental, part of a disability, or acquired as a result of injury or disease
· advising on the positioning of the body and on the textures of food and fluids which assists an individual to eat and swallow safely without choking
· providing information and education to health professionals, early childhood educators and teachers, and support and counselling to individuals affected by communication and swallowing difficulties, and to their families and carers.
252712 Speech Pathologist (Aus) / Speech Language Therapist (NZ)
Australian Visa Options for 252712 SPEECH PATHOLOGIST
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.