241111 EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHER
Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teacher belongs to the occupation unit group of 2411 EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an early childhood (pre-primary school) teacher must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
Plans, organises and conducts activities to help pre-primary school students to develop a wide variety of skills including speech, reading, writing, motor skills and social interaction. Registration or licensing is required.
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) is the designated authority for assessing skills and competencies for teachers who wish to migrate to Australia.
UNIT GROUP 2411 EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHERS
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- planning and structuring learning in both indoor and outdoor environments using a variety of materials and equipment to facilitate students’ development
- providing a variety of experiences and activities to develop motor skills, cooperative social skills, confidence and understanding
- promoting language development through story telling, role play, songs, rhymes and informal discussions held individually and within groups
- observing students to evaluate progress and to detect signs of ill health, emotional disturbance and other disabilities
- observing nutritional health, welfare and safety needs of students and identifying factors which may impede students’ progress
- discussing students’ progress with parents
- attending parent interviews, and staff and committee meetings
- participating in community and family support programs as appropriate
- supervising student teachers on placement
241111 Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teacher
241112 Kaiako Kohanga Reo (Maori Language Nest Teacher)
Australian Visa Options for 241111 EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHER
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.