Economist belongs to the occupation unit group of 2243 ECONOMISTS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an economist must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Performs economic research and analysis, develops and applies theories about production and distribution of goods and services and people’s spending and financial behaviour, and provides advice to governments and organisations on economic policy issues.
Labour Market Economist
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- analysing interrelationships between economic variables and studying the effects of government fiscal and monetary policies, expenditure, taxation and other budgetary policies on the economy and the community
- researching, analysing and assessing the effects of labour market programs and industry policies and programs on economic growth, welfare, education and training
- investigating international and national economic situations, and particular features such as industries, regions and socioeconomic groups
- studying workplace issues such as enterprise bargaining and wage fixation, and the effect of workplace policies on productivity and economic growth
- analysing trends and advising on economic issues such as taxation levels, prices, employment and unemployment, imports and exports, and interest and exchange rates
- forecasting changes in the economic environment for short-term budgeting, long-term planning and investment evaluation
- formulating recommendations, policies and plans for the economy, corporate strategies and investment, and undertaking feasibility studies for projects
- preparing reports on research findings
Australian Visa Options for 224311 ECONOMIST
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.