262112 ICT SECURITY SPECIALIST
ICT Security Specialist belongs to the occupation unit group of 2621 DATABASE AND SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATORS, AND ICT SECURITY SPECIALIST and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an ICT security specialist must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Establishes, manages and administers an organisation’s ICT security policy and procedures to ensure preventive and recovery strategies are in place, and minimise the risk of internal and external security threats.
Information Technology Security Manager
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Computer Society (ACS), which is the professional association for Australia’s ICT tech sector and responsible for skills assessment for Australian immigration purpose.
UNIT GROUP 2621 DATABASE AND SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATORS, AND ICT SECURITY SPECIALIST
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- designing and maintaining database architecture, data structures, tables, dictionaries and naming conventions to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data master files
- performing the operational establishment and preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures, and enforcing security and integrity controls
- implementing and administering database documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures
- testing database systems and upgrades, such as debugging, tracking, reproduction, logging and resolving all identified problems, according to approved quality testing scripts, procedures and processes
- accepting responsibility for the processes, procedures and operational management associated with system security and disaster recovery planning
- liaising with security vendors, suppliers, service providers and external resources; analysing, recommending, installing and maintaining software security applications; and monitoring contractual obligations, performance delivery and service level agreements
- troubleshooting and providing service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing server-related hardware and software malfunctions, encompassing workstations and communication infrastructure
- preparing and maintaining documentation, policies and instructions, and recording and detailing operational procedures and system logs
- ensuring that the design of computer sites allows all components to fit together and work properly, and monitoring and adjusting the performance of networks
- continually surveying the current computer site to determine future network needs and making recommendations for enhancements in the implementation of future servers and networks
262111 Database Administrator
262112 ICT Security Specialist
262113 Systems Administrator
Australian Visa Options for 262112 ICT SECURITY SPECIALIST
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.