263111 COMPUTER NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Computer Network and Systems Engineer belongs to the occupation unit group of 2631 COMPUTER NETWORK PROFESSIONALS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a computer network and systems engineer must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Plans, develops, deploys, tests and optimises network and system services, taking responsibility for configuration management and overall operational readiness of network systems, especially environments with multiple operating systems and configurations, and provides troubleshooting and fault-finding services for network problems.
Computer Network Engineer
Computer Systems Integrator
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Computer Society (ACS), which is the professional association for Australia’s ICT tech sector and responsible for skills assessment for Australian immigration purpose.
UNIT GROUP 2631 COMPUTER NETWORK PROFESSIONALS
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- analysing, developing, interpreting and evaluating complex system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration and integration of computer systems
- researching, analysing, evaluating and monitoring network infrastructure to ensure networks are configured to operate at optimal performance
- assessing and recommending improvements to network operations and integrated hardware, software, communications and operating systems
- providing specialist skills in supporting and troubleshooting network problems and emergencies
- installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and administering new and upgraded networks, software database applications, servers and workstations
- providing network programming in support of specific business needs and requirements
- preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for network inventory, and recording diagnosis and resolution of network faults, enhancements and modifications to networks, and maintenance instructions
- monitoring network traffic, and activity, capacity and usage to ensure continued integrity and optimal network performance
263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
263112 Network Administrator
263113 Network Analyst
Australian Visa Options for 263111 COMPUTER NETWORK AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.