241411 SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER
Secondary School Teacher belongs to the occupation unit group of 2414 SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a secondary school teacher must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Teaches one or more subjects within a prescribed curriculum to secondary school students and promotes students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development. Registration or licensing is required.
Kaiako Kura Tuarua (NZ)
Secondary School Teacher-Librarian
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) is the designated authority for assessing skills and competencies for teachers who wish to migrate to Australia.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- presenting prescribed curriculum using a range of teaching techniques and materials
- developing students’ interests, abilities and coordination by way of creative activities
- guiding discussions and supervising work in class
- preparing, administering and marking tests, projects and assignments to evaluate students’ progress and recording the results
- discussing individual progress and problems with students and parents, and seeking advice from Student Counsellors and senior teachers
- maintaining discipline in classrooms and other school areas
- participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops
- liaising with parent, community and business groups
- maintaining class and scholastic records
- performing extra-curricular tasks such as assisting with sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs
- supervising student teachers on placement
241411 Secondary School Teacher
Australian Visa Options for 241411 SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.