253111 GENERAL PRACTITIONER
General Practitioner belongs to the occupation unit group of 2531 GENERAL PRACTITIONERS AND RESIDENT MEDICAL OFFICERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a general practitioner must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least one year of hospital-based training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Diagnoses, treats and prevents human physical and mental disorders and injuries. Registration or licensing is required.
General Medical Practitioner
Medical Officer (Navy)
Skills Assessment Authority:
Medical Board Ahpra (MedBA) is the designated authority for assessing skills and competencies for international medical graduates (IMG) whose medical qualifications are from a medical school outside of Australia or New Zealand and who are seeking registration to practise medicine in Australia.
UNIT GROUP 2531 GENERAL PRACTITIONERS AND RESIDENT MEDICAL OFFICERS
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least one year of hospital-based training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- conducting examinations and questioning patients to determine the nature of disorders and illnesses, and recording patients’ medical information
- ordering laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures, and interpreting findings to assist in diagnosis
- providing overall care for patients, and prescribing and administering treatments, medications and other remedial measures
- monitoring patients’ progress and response to treatment
- advising on diet, exercise and other habits which aid prevention and treatment of disease and disorders
- referring patients to, and exchanging medical information with, specialist Medical Practitioners
- reporting births, deaths and notifiable diseases to government authorities
- arranging the admission of patients to hospitals
253111 General Practitioner
253112 Resident Medical Officer
Australian Visa Options for 253111 GENERAL PRACTITIONER
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.