221111 ACCOUNTANT (GENERAL)
Accountant (General) belongs to the occupation unit group of 2211 ACCOUNTANTS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an accountant (General) must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
Provides services relating to compliance-based financial reporting, auditing, insolvency and accounting information systems; and advises on associated record-keeping requirements. Registration or licensing may be required for certain services such as auditing.
Skills Assessment Authority:
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), CPA Australia (CPAA) and Institute of Public Accounts (IPA) are assessing authority that approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) to conduct skills assessments for accounting occupations for Australian immigration purpose.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- assisting in formulating budgetary and accounting policies
- preparing financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
- conducting financial investigations, preparing reports, undertaking audits and advising on matters such as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation
- examining operating costs and organisations’ income and expenditure
- providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- providing financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- preparing taxation returns for individuals and organisations
- liaising with financial institutions and brokers to establish funds management arrangements
- introducing and maintaining accounting systems, and advising on the selection and application of computer-based accounting systems
- maintaining internal control systems
- may appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
221111 Accountant (General)
221112 Management Accountant
221113 Taxation Accountant
Australian Visa Options for 221111 ACCOUNTANT (GENERAL)
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.