121321 POULTRY FARMER
Poultry Farmer belongs to the occupation unit group of 1213 LIVESTOCK FARMERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a poultry farmer must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise chickens, turkeys, ducks and other poultry for eggs, meat and breeding stock.
Poultry Farm Manager
Hatchery Manager (Poultry)
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
121312 Beef Cattle Farmer
121313 Dairy Cattle Farmer
121314 Deer Farmer
121315 Goat Farmer
121316 Horse Breeder
121317 Mixed Livestock Farmer
121318 Pig Farmer
121321 Poultry Farmer
121322 Sheep Farmer
121399 Livestock Farmers nec
Australian Visa Options for 121321 Poultry Farmer
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.