Migration Agent for Partner Visa Melbourne (820/801, 309/100 )

If you are in a relationship with an Australian citizen, Australian resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you may be eligible for a partner visa. You must have evidence of a relationship with this person for at least the last 12 months, or have your relationship registered, or be married to the person in question (with no time requirements).
Applications can be made both in Australia and abroad, depending on your needs.

Onshore Application:

For onshore applicants, there are two types of partner visas: a temporary visa (subclass 820) and a permanent visa (subclass 801). Although they are technically different, applications for each are made together and included under the same fee.
Temporary visas are the precursor to permanent visas, which establish permanent Australian residency. On a temporary visa, you are allowed to work and travel to and from Australia. After two years, you will be reassessed for a permanent visa, upon supplying further documentation of your relationship.
Under special circumstances, you may be able to “fast-track” your permanent visa. This is a possibility if you and your partner have been in a relationship for 3+ years, or if you have been in a relationship for 2+ years and have children together.

Offshore Application:

If you lodge your visa outside of Australia, you are still eligible for a temporary visa (subclasses 309), followed by a permanent visa (subclass 100). Yet again, the permanent visa status is assessed two years after approval of the temporary visa (with possibility of expediting the process if you are in a long-term relationship and/or have children).
Once your temporary visa has been approved, you are able to come live in Australia while your permanent visa is being processed.

Are you eligible? To determine eligibility, ask yourself these questions.

  • Are you the spouse, fiancé or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen?
  • If you are pursuing a de facto visa*, have you been in a relationship for at least 12 months or is your Relationship registered?
  • If you are pursuing a marriage visa, are you married under legal Australian Law?**

*This visa is applicable to both same-sex and heterosexual couples
**This does not include same-sex marriages, underage or polygamous marriages.)

Partner visas can be a tedious process, so turn to a migration agent for answers to your queries and concerns. Ausdirect migration can help you lodge your application & forge your path to residency!

Contact Ausdirect Migration today via email at info@ausdirectmigration.com or call directly at 1800 462 188, +61 402 303 397 to get further information on partner visa application.