Interpreter belongs to the occupation unit group of 2724 Social Professionals and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an interpreter must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Transfers a spoken or signed language into another spoken or signed language, usually within a limited time frame in the presence of the participants requiring the translation.
- Kai Whakaruruhau (Advisor) (NZ)
Skills Assessment Authority:
The National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NATTI) is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for interpreters and translators.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- assembling historical data by consulting sources of information such as historical indexes and catalogues, archives, court records, diaries, newspaper files and other materials
- organising, authenticating, evaluating and interpreting historical, political, sociological, archaeological, anthropological and linguistic data
- undertaking historical and cultural research into human activity, and preparing and presenting research findings
- providing simultaneous and consecutive verbal or signed renditions of speeches into another language
- rendering the meaning and feeling of what is said and signed into another language in the appropriate register and style in a range of settings such as courts, hospitals, schools, workplaces and conferences
- studying original texts and transcripts of recorded spoken material to comprehend subject matter and translating them into another language
- rendering the meaning and feeling of written material, such as literary, legal, technical and scientific texts, into another language in the appropriate register and style, so that it will read as an original piece rather than as a translation
- 272411 Historian
- 272412 Interpreter
- 272413 Translator
- 272414 Archaeologist
- 272499 Social Professionals nec
Australian Visa Options for 272412 Interpreter
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.