272312 EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST
Educational Psychologist belongs to the occupation unit group of 2723 PSYCHOLOGISTS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an educational psychologist must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
Investigates learning and teaching, and develops psychological techniques to foster the development and skills of individuals and groups in educational settings. Registration or licensing is required.
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Psychological Society (APS) is the national assessing authority in Australia for the assessment of academic qualifications in psychology for migration purpose.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- collecting data about clients and assessing their cognitive, behavioural and emotional disorders
- administering and interpreting diagnostic tests and formulating plans for treatment
- developing, administering and evaluating individual and group treatment programs
- consulting with other professionals on details of cases and treatment plans
- conducting research studies of motivation in learning, group performance and individual differences in mental abilities and educational performance
- collecting data and analysing characteristics of students and recommending educational programs
- formulating achievement, diagnostic and predictive tests for use by teachers in planning methods and content of instruction
- developing interview techniques, psychological tests and other aids in workplace selection, placement, appraisal and promotion
- conducting surveys and research studies on job design, work groups, morale, motivation, supervision and management
- performing job analyses and establishing job requirements by observing and interviewing employees and managers
272311 Clinical Psychologist
272312 Educational Psychologist
272313 Organisational Psychologist
272399 Psychologists nec
Australian Visa Options for 272312 EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.