Solicitor belongs to the occupation unit group of 2713 SOLICITORS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a solicitor must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Provides legal advice, prepares and drafts legal documents, and conducts negotiations on behalf of clients on matters associated with the law. Registration or licensing is required.
Skills Assessment Authority:
The skills assessment authority for the occupation of Barrister is the legal admissions authority of a state or territory.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- interviewing clients to determine the nature of problems, and recommending and undertaking appropriate legal action
- preparing cases for court by conducting investigations, undertaking research, arranging witness preparation and attendance, and giving notice of court actions
- representing clients in court
- managing conveyancing and other property matters by preparing contracts of sale, mortgage documents, lease documents and other documents relating to the transfer of land and buildings
- preparing and critically reviewing contracts between parties
- preparing wills
- providing advice on family law, company law, partnerships, commercial law and trusts
- may act as trustee or guardian
- may act as executor of clients’ wills
Australian Visa Options for 271311 SOLICITOR
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.