Barrister belongs to the occupation unit group of 2711 BARRISTERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a barrister must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Pleads cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals. Registration or licensing is required.
Skills Assessment Authority:
The skills assessment authority for the occupation of Barrister is the legal admissions authority of a state or territory.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- receiving written information in the form of briefs and verbal instructions concerning cases from Solicitors, other specialist Legal Professionals and clients
- providing advice and written opinions on points of law
- conferring with clients and witnesses in preparation for court proceedings
- drawing up pleadings, affidavits and other court documents
- researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
- outlining the facts to the court, calling and questioning witnesses, and making addresses to the court to argue a client’s case
- providing opinion on complex legal issues
- may draw up or settle documents
Australian Visa Options for 271111 BARRISTER
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.