254414 REGISTERED NURSE (COMMUNITY HEALTH)
Registered Nurse (Community Health) belongs to the occupation unit group of 2544 REGISTERED NURSES and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a registered nurse (community health) must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Provides nursing care, health counselling, screening and education to individuals, families and groups in the wider community with a focus on patient independence and health promotion. Registration or licensing is required.
Registered Nurse (Health Education and Promotion)
Registered Nurse (Public Health)
Registered Nurse (School Nurse)
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Nursing & Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC), which can assess internationally qualified nurses or international students who have completed the study of nursing degree in Australia and are registered in Australia, and those with equivalent qualification and registration in New Zealand.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
254411 Nurse Practitioner
254412 Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
254413 Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
254414 Registered Nurse (Community Health)
254415 Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
254416 Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability)
254417 Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)
254418 Registered Nurse (Medical)
254421 Registered Nurse (Medical Practice)
254422 Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
254423 Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
254424 Registered Nurse (Surgical)
254425 Registered Nurse (Paediatrics)
254499 Registered Nurses nec
Australian Visa Options for 254414 REGISTERED NURSE (COMMUNITY HEALTH)
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.