254311 NURSE MANAGER
Nurse Manager belongs to the occupation unit group of 2543 NURSE MANAGERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a nurse manager must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Manages a health service unit or sub-unit of a hospital, aged care or community health care facility, supervises nursing staff and financial resources to enable the provision of safe, cost effective nursing care within a specified field or for a particular unit, and monitors quality, clinical standards and professional development of nurses. Registration or licensing is required.
Nurse Unit Manager
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Nursing & Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC), which can assess internationally qualified nurses or international students who have completed the study of nursing degree in Australia and are registered in Australia, and those with equivalent qualification and registration in New Zealand.
Most occupations in this unit group have have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- developing, implementing and monitoring policies and objectives of nursing care as they apply to units, staff and community groups
- coordinating the allocation of human and material resources for a health service unit such as recruitment of staff, human resource management, preparation of budgets and fiscal management
- monitoring and controlling the performance of nursing and support staff within the unit, and providing leadership
- initiating studies to evaluate the effectiveness of nursing services in the unit in relation to objectives, costs and nursing care
- promoting working relationships with community agencies and health and education providers
- contributing to organisational objectives in relation to quality, safety and risk management
254311 Nurse Manager
Australian Visa Options for 254311 NURSE MANAGER
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.