Midwife belongs to the occupation unit group of 2541 MIDWIFE and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a midwife must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Provides care and advice to women during pregnancy, labour and childbirth, and postnatal care for women and babies in a range of settings such as the home, community, hospitals, clinics and health units. Registration or licensing is required.
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Nursing & Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC), which can assess internationally qualified nurses or international students who have completed the study of nursing degree in Australia and are registered in Australia, and those with equivalent qualification and registration in New Zealand.
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- providing advice and support during pre-conception, intrapartum, antenatal and postnatal periods in partnership with women
- providing care and management of pregnancy and birth
- assessing progress and recognising warning signs of abnormal and potentially abnormal pregnancies requiring referral to an Obstetrician
- monitoring the condition of women and foetuses during pregnancy and throughout labour
- conducting health education classes and seminars to promote the health of mothers and babies such as reproductive health, antenatal education, preparation for parenthood and breastfeeding
- providing advice on nutrition, childcare and family planning
Australian Visa Options for 254111 MIDWIFE
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.