253314 MEDICAL ONCOLOGIST
Medical Oncologist belongs to the occupation unit group of 2533 SPECIALIST PHYSICIANS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a medical oncologist must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Investigates, diagnoses and treats patients with cancer using chemotherapy and biological therapy. Registration or licensing is required.
Gynaecological, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists are excluded from this occupation. Gynaecological Oncologists are included in Unit Group 2539 Other Medical Practitioners, in Occupation 253913 Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. Radiation Oncologists are included in Unit Group 2539 Other Medical Practitioners, in Occupation 253918 Radiation Oncologist. Surgical Oncologists are included in Unit Group 2535 Surgeons, in Occupation 253511 Surgeon (General).
Medical Oncology Physician
Skills Assessment Authority:
Medical Board Ahpra (MedBA) is the designated authority for assessing skills and competencies for international medical graduates (IMG) whose medical qualifications are from a medical school outside of Australia or New Zealand and who are seeking registration to practise medicine in Australia.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- examining patients to determine the nature and extent of problems after referral from General Medical Practitioners and other medical specialists, and undertaking laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures
- analysing test results and other medical information to make diagnoses
- prescribing and administering drugs, and remedial and therapeutic treatment and procedures
- recording medical information and data
- reporting specified contagious and notifiable diseases to government health and immigration authorities
- may admit or refer patients to hospitals
- may consult other medical specialists
253311 Specialist Physician (General Medicine)
253313 Clinical Haematologist
253314 Medical Oncologist
253317 Intensive Care Specialist
253322 Renal Medicine Specialist
253324 Thoracic Medicine Specialist
253399 Specialist Physicians nec
Australian Visa Options for 253314 MEDICAL ONCOLOGIST
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.