Podiatrist belongs to the occupation unit group of 2526 PODIATRISTS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a podiatrist must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Prevents, diagnoses and treats disorder of the feet. Registration or licensing is required.
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Podiatry Board of Australia (PodBA) is the designated authority for assessing skills and competencies related to the occupation of podiatrist for the purpose of migrating to Australia.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- examining patients’ feet to determine the nature and extent of conditions, deformities and injuries
- examining and treating foot disabilities caused by diseases such as diabetes, peripheral vascular disorders, rheumatoid arthritis and other neuropathies
- prescribing and arranging the fabrication of footwear to correct foot abnormalities
- performing minor surgery to remove and improve abnormal conditions
- prescribing and fitting replaceable pads, palliative and functional supports and other devices for the protection and correction of foot abnormalities
- advising patients about continued treatment and foot care
- may provide rehabilitation services to the physically handicapped
- may refer patients to or have patients referred from Medical Practitioners
Australian Visa Options for 252611 PODIATRIST
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.