251312 Occupational Health and Safety Adviser
Occupational Health and Safety Adviser belongs to the occupation unit group of 2513 Occupational and Environmental Health Professionals and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an occupational health and safety adviser must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
Develops, implements and evaluates risk management policies and programs, trains employees in occupational health and safety procedures, monitors and audits the workplace, and records and investigates incidents to ensure safe and healthy working conditions.
- Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer
- Occupational Hygienist
- Workplace Rehabilitation Officer
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- developing, implementing and reviewing environmental health management plans and occupational health and safety plans
- preparing and implementing plans and strategies for the safe, economic, and suitable disposal of commercial, industrial, medical and household wastes
- advising on and enforcing legislation, implementing prevention programs and strategies for communicable diseases, food safety, waste water treatment and disposal systems, recreation and domestic water quality, contaminated and hazardous substances, and minimising air, sea, water and noise pollution to improve health outcomes
- identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks in the workplace
- developing, implementing and monitoring programs minimising workplace and environmental pollution involving chemical and physical hazards
- promoting ergonomic principles within the workplace such as matching furniture, equipment and work activities to the needs of employees
- inspecting and auditing workplaces, processes, plant, and chemical and physical hazards for legislative compliance
- training employees in personal protective equipment and safe working procedures
- recording and investigating injuries and equipment damage, and reporting safety performance
- coordinating the return of injured workers into the workplace
- 251311 Environmental Health Officer
- 251312 Occupational Health and Safety Adviser
Australian Visa Options for 251312 Occupational Health and Safety Adviser
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.