251211 MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC RADIOGRAPHER
Medical Diagnostic Radiographer belongs to the occupation unit group of 2512 MEDICAL IMAGING PROFESSIONALS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a medical diagnostic radiographer must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
Operates X-ray and other medical imaging equipment to produce images for medical diagnostic purposes in conjunction with Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologists or other Medical Practitioners. Registration or licensing is required.
Medical Imaging Technologist
Magnetic Resonance Technologist
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy (ASMIRT) is the designated authority for assessing skills and competencies related to radiography, radiation therapy and sonography for the purpose of migrating to Australia.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- receiving referrals from Medical Practitioners to perform medical imaging and radiation treatment of patients
- determining the appropriate equipment to use, such as X-ray equipment, radiation scanners, fluoroscopes, ultrasound equipment, nuclear instrumentation, angiography equipment and computed tomography (CT) equipment, and selecting the appropriate equipment settings to provide the diagnostic information requested by Medical Practitioners
- calculating details of procedures such as length and intensity of exposure to radiation, size and strength of dosage of isotopes, and settings of recording equipment
- explaining procedures to patients and answering patients’ inquiries about processes
- ensuring patients’ welfare during procedures
- positioning patients, screens and equipment preparatory to procedures
- viewing the screen and deciding if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, and selecting images to show Medical Practitioners
- conveying findings of procedures to Medical Practitioners
251211 Medical Diagnostic Radiographer
251212 Medical Radiation Therapist
251213 Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Australian Visa Options for 251211 MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC RADIOGRAPHER
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.