234312 ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT
Environmental Consultant belongs to the occupation unit group of 2343 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTISTS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an environmental consultant must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Analyses and advises on policies guiding the design, implementation and modification of government or commercial environmental operations and programs.
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- evaluating habitat, wildlife and fisheries needs, and formulating short- and long-term management goals and objectives
- enforcing laws and regulations to conserve and protect fish and wildlife
- carrying out environmental impact assessments for a wide range of development projects
- proposing solutions to address negative environmental impact
- studying the effects of factors, such as terrain, altitude, climatic and environmental change, sources of nutrition, predators and the impacts of humans, on animal and plant life
- studying and analysing pollution, atmospheric conditions, demographic characteristics, ecology, mineral, soil and water samples
- developing conservation and management policies for biological resources, such as fish populations and forests, and establishing standards and developing approaches for the control of pollution and the rehabilitation of areas disturbed by activities such as mining, timber felling and overgrazing
- implementing policies and organising activities in designated parks and other areas to conserve and protect natural and cultural heritage
- participating in management planning by providing environmental information and making inventories of plants, animals and items of cultural and heritage significance
234311 Conservation Officer
234312 Environmental Consultant
234313 Environmental Research Scientist
234314 Park Ranger
234399 Environmental Scientists nec
Australian Visa Options for 234312 ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.