Chemist belongs to the occupation unit group of 2342 CHEMISTS, AND FOOD AND WINE SCIENTISTS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a chemist must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Studies the chemical and physical properties of substances, and develops and monitors chemical processes and production.
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of Wine Makers, at least five years of experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- conducting experiments and tests to identify the chemical composition and reactive properties of natural substances and processed materials
- analysing and conducting research to develop theories, techniques and processes, and testing the reliability of outcomes under different conditions
- developing practical applications of experimental and research findings
- testing food products for flavour, colour, taste, texture and nutritional content
- advising on preserving, processing, packaging, storing and delivering foods
- developing quality control procedures and safety standards for the manufacture of food products
- examining grape samples to assess ripeness, sugar and acid content, and determining suitability for processing
- coordinating winemaking processes, directing workers in testing and crushing grapes, fermenting juices, and fortifying, clarifying, maturing and finishing wines
- blending wines according to formulae and knowledge of winemaking techniques
234212 Food Technologist
234213 Wine Maker
Australian Visa Options for 234211 CHEMIST
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.