234112 AGRICULTURAL SCIENTIST
Agricultural Scientist belongs to the occupation unit group of 2341 AGRICULTURAL AND FORESTRY SCIENTISTS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an agricultural scientist must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Studies commercial plants, animals and cultivation techniques to enhance the productivity of farms and agricultural industries.
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- collecting and analysing data and samples of produce, feed, soil and other factors affecting production
- advising Farmers and Farm Managers on techniques for improving the production of crops and livestock, and alternative agricultural options
- advising farmers on issues such as livestock and crop disease, control of pests and weeds, soil improvement, animal husbandry and feeding programs
- studying the environmental factors affecting commercial crop production, pasture growth, animal breeding, and the growth and health of forest trees
- studying the effects of cultivation techniques, soils, insects and plant diseases on animal, crop and forest production
- developing procedures and techniques for solving agricultural problems and improving the efficiency of production
- managing forest resources to maximise their long-term commercial, recreational and environmental benefits for the community
- studying the propagation and culture of forest trees, methods for improving the growth of stock, and the effects of thinning on forest yields
- preparing plans for reafforestation and devising efficient harvesting systems
- investigating, planning and implementing management procedures to cope with the effects of fires, floods, droughts, soil erosion, insect pests and diseases
234111 Agricultural Consultant
234112 Agricultural Scientist
234113 Forester / Forest Scientist
Australian Visa Options for 234112 AGRICULTURAL SCIENTIST
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.