232112 LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
Landscape Architect belongs to the occupation unit group of 2321 ARCHITECTS AND LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a landscape architect must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
Plans and designs land areas for projects such as open space networks, parks, schools, institutions, roads, external areas for all building types, land subdivisions, and commercial, industrial and residential sites.
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
UNIT GROUP 2321 ARCHITECTS AND LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- obtaining advice from clients and management to determine type, style and size of planned buildings and alterations to existing buildings
- providing information regarding designs, materials and estimated building times
- preparing project documentation, including sketches and scale drawings, and integrating structural, mechanical and aesthetic elements in final designs
- writing specifications and contract documents for use by builders and calling tenders on behalf of clients
- consulting with Professionals and clients about external area designs, costs and construction
- compiling and analysing site and community data about geographical and ecological features, landforms, soils, vegetation, site hydrology, visual characteristics and human-made structures, to formulate land use and development recommendations, and for preparing environmental impact statements
- preparing reports, site plans, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates for land development, showing location and details of proposals, including ground modelling, structures, vegetation and access
- inspecting construction work in progress to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and quality standards
232112 Landscape Architect
Australian Visa Options for 232112 LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.