221213 EXTERNAL AUDITOR
External Auditor belongs to the occupation unit group of 2212 AUDITORS, COMPANY SECRETARIES AND CORPORATE TREASURERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an external auditor must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of Corporate Treasurers and Company Secretaries, at least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
Designs and operates information and reporting systems, procedures and controls to meet external financial reporting requirements. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skills Assessment Authority:
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), CPA Australia (CPAA) and Institute of Public Accounts (IPA) are assessing authority that approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) to conduct skills assessments for accounting occupations for Australian immigration purpose.
UNIT GROUP 2212 AUDITORS, COMPANY SECRETARIES AND CORPORATE TREASURERS
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of Corporate Treasurers and Company Secretaries, at least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- arranging, giving notice of and attending meetings of directors and shareholders
- advising organisations’ governing boards on matters concerning compliance with stock exchange listing rules, relevant legislation and corporation practice
- supervising organisations’ share capital by preparing documents and share issues, and handling share transfers
- controlling treasury and treasury systems and establishing and reviewing risk management objectives and treasury policies
- identifying, managing and reporting on financial risks
- assisting with equity management, debt management, securities and taxation planning issues
- collecting, analysing and interpreting information on the financial standing, cost structures and trading effectiveness of organisations
- devising, re-organising and establishing budgetary cost control and other accounting systems such as computer-based systems
- conducting audits and investigations and preparing financial statements and reports for management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
- evaluating the cost effectiveness and risks of operational processes, activities, policies and systems
- reporting to management on the existence and effectiveness of the system of internal controls
- establishing audit objectives, and designing and implementing audit methodologies, processes and audit report criteria
221211 Company Secretary
221212 Corporate Treasurer
221213 External Auditor
221214 Internal Auditor
Australian Visa Options for 221213 EXTERNAL AUDITOR
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.