212415 TECHNICAL WRITER
Technical Writer belongs to the occupation unit group of 2124 Journalists and Other Writers and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a technical writer must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Researches and writes technical information-based material and documentation for articles, manuals, text books, handbooks, or multimedia products, usually for education or corporate purposes.
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining advertising approach by consulting clients and management, and studying products to establish principal selling features
- writing advertisements for press, radio, television, cinema screens, billboards, catalogues and shop displays
- making decisions about the specific content of publications in conjunction with other senior editors and in accordance with editorial policies and guidelines
- reviewing copy for publication to ensure conformity with accepted rules of grammar, style and format, coherence of story, and accuracy, legality and probity of content
- collecting and analysing facts about newsworthy events from interviews, printed matter, investigations and observations
- writing news reports, commentaries, articles and feature stories for newspapers, magazines, journals, television and radio on topics of public interest
- researching and writing technical, information-based material and documentation for manuals, text books, handbooks and multimedia products
- critically discussing daily news topics in the editorial columns of newspapers and reviewing books, films and plays
- 212411 Copywriter
- 212412 Newspaper or Periodical Editor
- 212413 Print Journalist
- 212414 Radio Journalist
- 212415 Technical Writer
- 212416 Television Journalist
- 212499 Journalists and Other Writers nec
Australian Visa Options for 212415 Technical Writer
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.