212111 ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
Artistic Director belongs to the occupation unit group of 2121 ARTISTIC DIRECTORS, AND MEDIA PRODUCERS AND PRESENTERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an artistic director must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Artistic Directors require relevant experience in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Determines and oversees implementation of artistic policies for a performing arts organisation such as a theatre company, dance company, music ensemble, festival or venue.
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
UNIT GROUP 2121 ARTISTIC DIRECTORS, AND MEDIA PRODUCERS AND PRESENTERS
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Artistic Directors and Media Producers (excluding Video) require relevant experience in addition to the formal qualification. Radio and Television Presenters require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications and experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- managing artistic and media productions to meet quality, cost and timing specifications
- formulating and developing organisations’ artistic policies and selecting and planning organisations’ artistic programs
- hiring and managing artistic staff
- controlling the use of media production facilities such as studios and editing equipment, stage and film equipment and rehearsal time
- directing the formulation of media production strategies, policies and plans
- introducing programs, music, entertainment items, guests and celebrities
- preparing and reading news bulletins, making special announcements and providing commentary for sports and other events
- presenting opinions on sports, politics, and social and economic matters
- researching, investigating and compiling stories and programs
212111 Artistic Director
212112 Media Producer (excluding Video)
212113 Radio Presenter
212114 Television Presenter
Australian Visa Options for 212111 ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.