188E Visa (188 Visa Entrepreneur stream) Opened First in South Australia
South Australian Government has announced that the 188E Visa (188 Visa Entrepreneur stream) is now open from 28 September 2021.
Key requirements for potential applicants:
- Meet the Department of Home Affairs Subclass 188 Entrepreneur stream visa criteria.
- Have competent English or be a passport holder or citizen of the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada or New Zealand.
- Intend to live in South Australia.
- Propose a business to be based in South Australia that has a strong potential to achieve the Subclass 888 Entrepreneur stream Department of Home affairs visa criteria within 5 years, including the achievement of these success factors.
- Propose a business that has the potential to become a sustainable high-growth start-up, with the future potential to employ South Australians.
- Secure the support of a selected Service Provider that has reviewed and approves your proposed entrepreneurial activity.
- Priority will be given to proposals that support the Government of South Australia’s nine priority Growth State sectors.
- Provide detailed information on the viability and economic impact of the proposal to South Australia. Further details are listed in the How to Apply section. Applicants aged 55 years or over at the time of invitation must demonstrate that the proposed entrepreneurial activity will be of exceptional economic benefit to South Australia.
- Agree to register your arrival in South Australia with Skilled & Business Migration and maintain current contact details for the duration of your visa.
- Agree to meet all other obligations to ensure that your state nomination remains current at the time you apply directly to the Department of Home Affairs for the Subclass 888 Entrepreneur visa. Although there is no requirement to apply for a second state nomination, you must meet these obligations for South Australian to confirm your status.
The South Australian service providers are:
- Stone & Chalk – Is is the largest dedicated start-up and scaleup innovation community in Australia with hubs in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. In South Australia, Stone & Chalk is based at Lot Fourteen, the innovation precinct that is making a global impact and is co-located with world-leading organisations and startups such as Myriota, the Australian Institute for Machine Learning, Google and the Australian Space Agency.
- New Venture Institute (NVI) – Located in Australia’s most awarded Innovation District at Tonsley, Flinders New Venture Institute provides a range of programs and services to a vibrant community of startups and businesses in six focus sectors that reflect Flinders University’s areas of strength, growth, and research: Advanced Manufacturing; Creative Industries; Education; Energy, Water, and Sustainability; Health; Wine, Tourism, and AgTech. We are ideally placed to spark, enable, and develop your business idea from conception to industry advancement. Join us!”
- Moonshots – Our aim is to have start-ups with great business plans join us to work with our “been there doing it” Entrepreneurs to build globally scalable investable businesses. We love Creative, Space, BioTech, AI/Hi-Tech, AgTech, Education and Defence Industries and as long as people have a growth mindset where they come from is of no interest!
- ThincLab = is powered by the Adelaide Business School and is the University of Adelaide’s flagship business incubator.
- ThincLab works with an extensive network of partners to help entrepreneurs launch and grow innovative companies. It has a global footprint with five locations and has been supporting early-stage and scaling entrepreneurs across all industry sectors for the last 28 years. ThincLab also has a specialist incubator for AgTech, Food and Wine innovations.
- The Innovation & Collaboration Centre (ICC)has a specially curated program, created for those choosing the ICC as a service provider for their Entrepreneur visa. This program includes a three-month (optional) accelerator program, consisting of founder specific workshops, one-on-one business mentoring and pitch development support. Also included are six months of our incubation services, which includes permanent desk space, access to university resources including students, research, prototyping labs, our industry experts, community events and networking opportunities. The ICC has a track record of supporting both deep-tech as well as software start-ups that align to the State Government’s Hi-Tech Sector Growth Plan as well as the Space Sector Strategy and has supported more than 100 start-up companies since 2015 across the space, hi-tech and social enterprise categories.
Holders of certain visas will not be eligible for endorsement by the South Australian Government, these include student visas (including subclasses 500, 570, 571, 572, 573, 574), Subclass 403 and Subclass 771.
Subclass 485 visa holders may participate should the service provider assess they have an innovative idea and a strong business case.
This visa provides a pathway to permanent residency. After three years you may be eligible to apply for the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa ( Subclass 888).
Ausdirect Migration for 188E Visa
Our team at Ausdirect Migration is extremely experienced in managing migration programs in relation to business visa applications. Our founder David Wang, prior to setting up the migration law practice in Australia, has over 10 years senior experience in business consulting in global top software companies and IT consulting firms i.e. SAP, IBM, Infosys in the capacity of Solution Architect, Principal Consultant, Team Manager and Project Manager in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and China on large scale multinational projects.
Our practice has provided top-quality migration and business consulting services to business clients globally. We look forward to hearing from you and the opportunity to work with you along your immigration journey to Australia. We are confident to say our team has the best understanding and experience in the Business consulting and Migration Law that you need for the 188E visa program in Australia.