134212 NURSING CLINICAL DIRECTOR
Nursing Clinical Director belongs to the occupation unit group of 1342 HEALTH AND WELFARE SERVICES MANAGERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a nursing clinical director must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates nursing programs and clinical services in a hospital, aged care or other health service facility, maintains standards of nursing care, provides leadership to ensure an appropriately skilled nursing and midwifery workforce, and contributes to health service planning. Registration or licensing may be required.
Director of Nursing
Senior Nurse Manager
Assistant Director of Nursing
Deputy Director of Nursing
Executive Director of Nursing
Skills Assessment Authority:
The Australian Nursing & Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC), which can assess internationally qualified nurses or international students who have completed the study of nursing degree in Australia and are registered in Australia, and those with equivalent qualification and registration in New Zealand.
UNIT GROUP 1342 HEALTH AND WELFARE SERVICES MANAGERS
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- providing overall direction and management for the service, facility, organisation or centre
- developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for medical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff
- coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services
- monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres
- controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
- liaising with other health and welfare providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service cooperation and coordination
- advising government bodies about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities
- representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
134211 Medical Administrator / Medical Superintendent
134212 Nursing Clinical Director
134213 Primary Health Organisation Manager
134214 Welfare Centre Manager
134299 Health and Welfare Services Managers nec
Australian Visa Options for 134212 NURSING CLINICAL DIRECTOR
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.