121212 FLOWER GROWER
Flower Grower belongs to the occupation unit group of 1212 CROP FARMERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, a flower grower must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs planting, cultivating and harvesting activities to grow flowering and foliage plants.
Market Gardener (Flowers) (Aus)
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning and coordinating the production and marketing of crops, such as grain, cotton, sugar cane, fruit and nuts, vegetables, turf and flowers, from soil preparation to harvest taking into account environmental and market factors
- selecting and planting seeds, seedlings and bulbs, and grafting new varieties to root stocks
- maintaining crop production by cultivating, de-budding and pruning, and maintaining optimal growing conditions
- organising and conducting farming operations, such as collecting, storing, grading and packaging produce, and organising the sale, purchase and despatch of produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising and pest and weed control
- maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity, and planning crop preparation and production to meet contract requirements and market demand
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
121211 Cotton Grower
121212 Flower Grower
121213 Fruit or Nut Grower
121214 Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Grower / Field Crop Grower
121215 Grape Grower
121216 Mixed Crop Farmer
121217 Sugar Cane Grower
121218 Turf Grower
121221 Vegetable Grower (Aus) / Market Gardener (NZ)
121299 Crop Farmers nec
Australian Visa Options for 121212 Flower Grower
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.