121111 Aquaculture Farmer
Aquaculture Farmer belongs to the occupation unit group of 1211 AQUACULTURE FARMERS and is a Skill Level 1 occupation in Australia. In other words, an aquaculture farmer must have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise fish and other aquatic stock.
Hatchery Manager (Fish)
Skills Assessment Authority:
VETASSESS is Australia’s leading vocational education and training assessment provider. It is the designated skills assessing authority for migration purposes for over 300 General Professional Occupations approved by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning and coordinating the operation of hatcheries to produce fish fry, seed oysters, crayfish, marron and prawns taking into account environmental and market factors
- monitoring the environment to maintain optimal growing conditions
- identifying and controlling environmental toxins and diseases
- monitoring stock growth rates to determine when to harvest
- transporting fish, crayfish, marron, prawns and sticks of seed oysters to new tanks, ponds, cages and floating net pens
- directing and overseeing the harvesting, grading and packaging of fish, oysters and other aquatic stock
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of fish stock
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
121111 Aquaculture Farmer
Australian Visa Options for 121111 Aquaculture Farmer
This occupation has access to the following Australian immigration programs:
If you are interested in understanding more about migrating to Australia and the prospect of working and living in Australia, please book a consultation with Ausdirect Migration today and our immigration experts will guide you along the journey.